In May 2000, Riva became part of Ferretti Group, who restored it to where it is today, at the vanguard of world boating as a recognised icon of fine Italian yachting artistry. The Group had a strong will to relaunch Riva products and brand with a focus on quality, design and uniqueness. Riva celebrated the return of the millennium with its biggest period boats in history: More than a hundred yachts, representing all Riva models, led by Aquarama in Carlo Riva and Norberto Ferretti, are among the most important brands today with friendship and mutual respect. A revival triumph, innovation and exclusivity summed up in a product of revolutionary engineering, reliability and performance that sets the tone for future production.
The production yard in Sarnico opened in 1842 on Lake Iseo deep in the Franciacorta area and remains the heartbeat of the Riva story today. This is where it is all made and always has been – from the legendary wooden hulls of the past to the modern 27- to 68-foot yachts.
Its beating heart is Carlo Riva’s office, called the ‘Wheelhouse’, which he designed himself with meticulous attention to functionality. It is situated at the centre of the facilities, flanked by two columns supporting a 40-metre arch with two cranes able to haul boats. The daring and futuristic design of this office, visible also from the other side of the lake, together with the whole shipyard, is protected by the Italian Cultural and Environmental Assets Office as an example of modern and contemporary architecture.